October's 'Virtual' Showbench
No Judging! You get a 5 just for participating!
We don't normally have an October showbench as we are busy with the potluck and silent auction. However, this year we have an opportunity to share some of the bounty in our fall gardens virtually..
And again, everyone who submits a photo gets a 5/5!
Photos can be sent via an email attachment(s) or links to Google or iCloud Photos etc. to . Be sure to include the class number for each photo in the email.
Remember, most cell phones have an excellent cameras. If you would prefer to take your pictures with your cell phone and share them via text, please send an message to SBGC Information and we will send you a phone number you can text your pictures to.
- Spooky Night - a design of your choice incorporating Halloween themed accessories
- Fall Bounty - a design of your choice incorporating fruits and/or vegetables (no grapes)
- Autumn Ikebana - a design of your choice in the 'oriental manner'
- Fall Gleanings - a design of your choice incorporating fall finds in the garden such as grasses and seed heads
Show Bench: Fruit, Flowers and Vegetable section must be from the member's gardens not borrowed or purchased.
- Potatoes - 3 tubers
- Pumpkin - Under 12 inches in diameter
- Pumpkin - Over 12 inches in diameter
- Winter Squash or Gourd - 1
- Onions - 1
- Garlic - 3 bulbs
- Elephant Garlic - 1 bulb
- Kale - 3 leaves
- Broccoli - 1 head
- Cabbage - 1 head
- Lettuce - 1 head
- Vegetable - AOV
- Apples - 3
- Pears - 3
- Plums - 3
- Fruit - AOV
- Dahlia - 1 stem
- Dahlia - 3 stems CVA
- Aster - 1 spike
- Flower (annual) - 3 cuts
- Flower (perennial) - 3 cuts
- Garden Sampler - Vase of flowers and/or foliage
- Anything not listed above